Farmer’s Market Gazpacho
- 2 cucumbers - diced into ¼ inch pieces
- 3 red bell peppers - seeded and diced into ¼ inch pieces
- 3 green peppers - seeded and diced into ¼ inch pieces
- 4 celery stalks – diced into ¼ inch pieces
- 2 tomatoes – diced into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 medium onion – diced into ¼ inch pieces
- 2 lemons
- 2 cups low-sodium tomato juice
- 3 garlic cloves – minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine all ingredients except salt, pepper and lemons in a bowl.
2. Remove 2 cups of the mixture and reserve.
3. Using a blender or food processor, puree the remaining mixture in the bowl.
4. Add 2 cups of reserved mixture to the pureed mixture.
5. Season with salt, pepper (optional) and the juice from the lemons.
6. Cover mixture and refrigerate for at lest 2 hours before serving.
7. Serve cold, garnished with chopped cilantro.
The original recipe is from Johnson and Wales University and the Rhode Island Department of Health WIC Program, Veggin’ Out Recipe Book, page 42 and can be found on http://recipefinder.nal.usda.gov