- 8 chicken pieces (breasts or legs)
- 1 cup water
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 small carrots, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
1. Remove the skin from the chicken and any extra fat. In a large skillet, combine chicken, water, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, tomatoes, and parsley. Tightly cover and cook over low heat for 25 minutes.
2. Add celery, potatoes, carrots, and bay leaves and continue to cook for 15 more minutes or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaves before serving.
Save leftovers for lunch the next day!
Original Recipe found on Nutrition.gov