Oriental Sweet and Sour Vegetables
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup pineapple or orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch (for thickness)
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 pound bag frozen stir‐fry vegetables
1. Combine all ingredients except vegetables and oil into bowl, mix and set aside.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in skillet and add frozen vegetables.
3. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp‐tender.
4. Add sweet and sour sauce and cook for another 2 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil.
5. Serve immediately. This dish is great over pasta or brown rice.
Makes: 6 servings
The original recipe is by Dorothy C. Lee, CFCS and Linda K. Bowman, RD/LD/N, University of Florida, IFAS Extension, Cooking Healthy with Diabetes and can by found on www.USDA.gov