Baked Parmesan Tomatoes
- 4 Tomatoes, halved horizontally
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Freshly ground Pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin Olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 450° F.
2. Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet.
3. Top with Parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper.
4. Drizzle with oil and bake until the tomatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
A sprinkle of Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil transform tomatoes into the perfect side dish. Or try sandwiching them between slices of your favorite whole-wheat country bread.
The original recipe can be found on www.healthyeating.org