Spicy Sweet-Tart Salad
- 1 medium sized apple
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 1 small fennel bulb with fronds and stalks attached
- 4 medium sized radishes
- 1 small lemon
- ¼ Tablespoon cinnamon or additional to taste
- 1 pinch salt or additional to taste
1. Slice lemon in half and squeeze juice into large bowl.
2. Finely slice apple and add to bowl. Mix the apple with the lemon juice to prevent browning of the apple.
3. With a knife, separate fennel bulb from fronds and stalks.
4. Finely slice fennel bulb and add to bowl. Slice one large frond and add to bowl.
5. Finely slice radishes and add to bowl.
6. Add cinnamon, oil and salt.
7. Mix so ingredients are evenly distributed.
Makes 4 servings.
Original Recipe by Jennifer Lee, MS RD