Toasted Egg Smiles
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- Small slice of cheese
1. Take the bread slice and cut out 2 circles for eyes and a longer curved hole for a mouth below the "eyes".
2. Butter one side of bread and lay in warmed frying pan, butter side down.
3. As bread begins to fry, Scramble egg and milk together (or you may simply crack a whole egg over the bread in the pan without adding milk or scrambling).
4. Pour scrambled egg over the bread. Flip bread/egg when the egg showing thru the "eyes" and "mouth" becomes firm.
5. Fry for another 5-10 minutes depending on your cook top temperature.
6. Prior to taking out of pan, place a strip of cheese over the "eyes" and let melt to give your toasted egg smile some "hair."
The original recipe can be found on www.healthyeating.org