Brown Rice with Sizzling Chicken & Vegetables
- 3 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 ½ Tbsp canola or corn oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, cut into small wedges
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups small broccoli florets
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Mix soy sauce, water, honey, and cornstarch in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet.
- Add minced garlic; sauté about 1 minute until garlic is golden.
- Add chicken; cook about 5-6 minutes, then push chicken to the side.
- Add onions to center of skillet; cook until slightly tender and push to the side.
- Continue with carrots, broccoli, and peppers separately, placing each in center of pan, cooking until slightly tender and pushing to the side.
- Pour soy sauce mixture into center of skillet. Leaving other ingredients at the sides of the pan, stir sauce until it thickens.
- Mix in with vegetables and chicken.
- Serve immediately over cooked brown rice.
Original Recipe found on Choosemyplate.gov