Beef Brisket in Slow Cooker
Tender beef brisket cooked all day and ready for dinner after work.
- 5 lbs beef brisket
- 2 bottles chili sauce
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 (32-oz) carton low-sodium beef broth
1. Place beef brisket in slow cooker. Cut if necessary to fit properly.
2. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix with fork or whisk. Pour over brisket and cover.
3. Cook 9 - 12 hours, depending on your slow cooker.
4. If desired, after brisket is cooked, add juice to a saucepan and reduce until slightly thickened. Pour over brisket and enjoy.
This is an excellent low-carb meat that is great for leftovers or for a large crowd. Low GI, GL is 2. The nutrient info assumes the juice will be used, so calories and fat will be lower if juice is tossed.
The original recipe can be found on www.healthyeating.org