- 6 medium Apples, peeled, cored, and sliced thin (or about 4
- cups of any other fruit such cherries, peaches,
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter (or margarine), softened
- 1/2 cup Uncooked oats
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Grease bottom and sides of a 9-inch-square
3. Put the fruit you have chosen in the pan. Add the sugar and 1/2 tsp of the cinnamon. Toss together until they are well mixed.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the brown sugar, softened butter, oats, and the second 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. Use a fork to stir together until the ingredients are well mixed and crumbly. Sprinkle this mixture over the fruit in the pan.
5. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the fruit is very soft when you poke the fruit crisp with a fork.
Makes 6-8 Servings.
Original Recipe found on Nutrition.gov