- Flour tortillas
- Cheese (choose what you like best)
- Other toppings (olives, chili peppers, cooked chicken, etc.)
1. Spread the salsa on a flour tortilla—you choose how hot you want it to be.
2. Top with shredded cheese and any other topping you like. Put another tortilla on top of the first one.
3. Place the tortilla “sandwich” onto a dry skillet (do not use any butter or oil). Cook over medium heat until the cheese begins to melt. Move it around so it does not stick.
4. Flip the quesadilla over with a pancake turner, and cook the other side for 1 or 2 minutes, until the second side starts to brown and the cheese is completely melted.
5. Put your quesadilla onto a plate and cut into slices, like you would a pizza.
Each tortilla makes 1 serving.
Original Recipe found on Nutrition.gov