- 2 6 oz jars marinated Artichoke hearts
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup fine Bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon hot Pepper seasoning
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced Parsley
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Drain marinade from 1 jar of artichoke hearts into medium skillet. Drain 2nd jar and discard marinade. Chop artichokes and set aside.
3. Heat oil, add onions & garlic and saute until onion is limp, about 5 min.
4. Combine eggs, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, oregano & hot pepper seasoning. Fold in cheese and parsley. Add artichokes and sauteed onion mixture, blending well. Pour into 9 inch square glass baking dish.
5. Bake about 30 min. Allow to cool briefly before cutting into 1 inch squares. (Can also be served cold.)
May be prepared a day or two ahead and reheated 10 to 12 minutes.
The original recipe can be found on www.healthyeating.org