Our Quality Report Card
The Milford Regional data you see on this website shows the Medical Center’s most up-to-date reports. All our data is eventually reported publically through the Medicare Hospital Compare website and other companies that “grade” hospitals and physicians. Unfortunately, for patients who are looking for a way to make smarter healthcare choices, the publically reported data is often 12 or more months old. At Milford Regional, we want to give you the most recent information possible to help you make an informed choice.
Patient satisfaction is the patient’s opinion of the care provided during their hospital stay. Milford Regional participates in a national survey called Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS). Surveys are sent to a random sampling of patients six weeks after their hospital visit. The survey asks questions about the patients' hospital experiences that include:
- Communication about medications
- Communication with doctors
- Communication with nurses
- Pain Management
- Responsivenes of hospital staff
- Overall rating of hospital
- Would you recommend the hospital
- Discharge information
- Cleanliness and quietness of the hospital environment
- Care Transitions - includes five new questions beginning January 2013 and became publically reported in October 2014. These were put in place to improve patients' and families' experiences throughout the continuum of care, improve outcomes, and create an efficient process.