Milford Regional Medical Center has one of the busiest emergency departments in central Massachusetts. The staff, including board-certified emergency medicine physicians and emergency trained nurses and technicians, provide care for nearly 60,000 patients a year from the surrounding communities. The 31-bed emergency department is equipped to provide comprehensive treatment for a variety of conditions, ranging from life-threatening illnesses and injuries to minor medical problems. We strive to deliver the highest-quality emergency service while treating our patients with compassion, dignity and respect.
The Medical Center is located at the intersection of Routes 16 and 140 in Milford. The entrance to the Emergency Department is located on Route 16. Follow the signs for “Emergency.”
The emergency department offers the following services:
- Emergency care is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to all patients who enter the emergency department for evaluation and treatment.
- The emergency department is supported by a complete range of consultant specialist services, including cardiology, surgery, medicine, pediatrics, intensive care, orthopedics, and obstetrics/gynecology.
- Milford Regional Medical Center is a Primary Stroke Service Hospital. The emergency department provides state-of-the-art treatment for acute stroke symptoms and our Telestroke service allows us to contact specialists from Boston during all hours of the night.
- Milford Regional has advanced cardiac monitoring capability, computed tomography (CT), and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) on the premises.
- Milford Regional has a helicopter pad for swift and safe patient transfer to other facilities when necessary.
- SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) Program is available to protect, evaluate, and treat sexual assault victims. This program focuses on concern for the victim and is carefully designed to not traumatize them any further. The program has a certified registered nurse who has completed special training in medical, legal, forensics, and psychology.
- The emergency department has a strong concern for patient comfort and satisfaction, constantly striving to decrease wait times, while providing outstanding medical care.
- Riverside Community Care provides emergency psychiatric service at all hours and can be reached at 508-634-3420.
- Milford Regional’s emergency department physicians work diligently to establish and maintain good relationships with local EMS departments. Several of our physicians act as Medical Directors for the surrounding towns. We offer educational opportunities and lectures on a monthly basis for our EMTs at the Medical Center.